Death Note is unique. In my first few hours with the game, I brought a baby locked in a pod, brought a dead body, drank a bunch of Monster Energy drinks and met the well-known film director Guillermo Del Toro . But for me, the weird moment to this day in Death Stranding was a moment that made me laugh so hard I had to pause the game.
You see when you poop in Death Stranding you will see an ad for the AMC TV show Ride With Norman Reedus. Norman Reedus is also the star of Death Stranding, he plays Sam Porter Bridges, the main character of the game. So this dumb billboard pops up when you poop I wonder a lot of things. Here are some questions I have.
1) Why are there ads in this facility?
In the lore of Death Stranding this room was a private room in a safe facility. It is not open to the public. So who is this advertising for? A handful of people sometimes use this room, I think.
2) Why do announcements in the WORLD of pooping poops appear?
I would like to think, if you advertise a show in a room like the first one, you will somehow make the ad appear in the room. The person sitting in the bathroom, out of nowhere, is the perfect person to advertise to. I mean, how many times have you read a bottle of shampoo while sitting in the bathroom. But this ad will appear outside.
It also means if people are in the room and want to read it they will need to stare at the top of your head as you do your business. It seems awkward for everyone.
3) Who sells them this ad slot?
AMC did not just send a computer hacker and released this image to the machine's hard drive. No, instead, someone needs to cut a deal for this promo art that will appear in this pooping chamber. So who did they pay for? The United Cities of America? Does UCA need the money so bad that they are willing to sell ad space in their private and secure places of rest?
4) Is there an AMC as a TV network that still exists? a world full of invisible monsters — things that can kill you in horrible, horrible ways. A world where dead bodies are dangerous. A world where rain is really causing things to accelerate, including people. Who's watching TV anyway? And is there enough competition that AMC still has to advertise?
6) So cable also still exists in Death Stranding?
That sounds weird. But then again, this game is about connecting the world together. Maybe cable TV is part of that grand plan?
7) Does Sam Porter Bridges get people telling him he looks like Norman Reedus?
That seems to get annoying.
8) This promo image is from Season 3 of show, so why aren't they still advertising at that time in the future?
I don't know where the future Death Strandin g is set, but it has to be more than a few years, right? So why was AMC advertising for the third season of Ride With Norman Reedus ? Hell, we know, in 2019, there's a season 4 coming up. Maybe the weather didn't happen because of Death Stranding?
9) Why does the person riding the back of the motorcycle appear to be wearing a Godzilla mask?
This is not an edited image. This is the look of this promotional artwork on the official website of 19459022 for the show. I have never seen an episode of Ride With Norman Reedus, but I suspect Godzilla is not a guest on the show. Is this a crossover with the reality singing show, The Masked Singer ? Also, I think this means that Godzilla existed in the Death Eaters.
Perhaps, once I defeat Death Stranding I will have all the answers to these questions. Or you may have possible answers to some or all of these questions. And yes, I probably spent too much time thinking about it. I know.