Arizona law enforcement is investigating several cases of parents reportedly purchasing tampered packages of empty baby formula and filled with baking flour, a report said.
Madeline Roque told Phoenix's KPNX last month that her 9-month-old daughter Adeline became ill after consuming the contents of a baby formula package she had purchased from Walmart. He said he was feeding his daughter three bottles before noticing something was wrong. She said her daughter was crying, vomiting and passing a lot of gas. He gets cranky, “Roque told the station.” In the fourth bottle, when I do this, I realize something is really wrong. The color is different, the texture is different, so I just know that it's not milk. " he realized he smelled the mixture smelling like flour.
"And then I poured it into the sink and saw how it got, that was when I hit it," Roque said. "I saw how it was cling and I'm like oh my god my daughter is the same or worse. "
" You wouldn't know they were allergic if her throat closed from a gluten reaction, "she said. Roque told the incident to Walmart, Walmart told KPNX that it was against the store's policy to return the returned formula packages to the shelves but the store would review Roque's claim.
Last month , a couple in Arizona are was arrested after allegedly running a baby formula ring that earned them nearly half a million dollars in revenue, according to a new report by the investigating team WCNC. In 201
The Associated Press contributed to this report.