Red Sox, a great David Ortiz, was the victim of a jobless job conducted by a crew of assassins who had been paid roughly $ 8,000 to fire him, authorities in the Dominican Republic were revealed Wednesday
The police have now denied six people in an attempt to kill a Santo Domingo bar on Sunday, including the accused shooter.
"At this juncture, [the suspects] has been interrogated and will continue to deepen the investigation to gain the truth about what has happened," Chief Prosecutor Jean Alain Rodríguez
said "No one involved in this alleged episode will remain indefinite, even the material or intellectual author [of the crime]. "
Authorities said Rolfi Ferreira Cruz ̵
Dominican National Police Director Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte said one of the other men in custody was the alleged leader who was paid to fix the hit but did not explain why anyone wanted the retired star dead.
"We have no motive yet, but we will work without a break until the investigation is complete," Almonte said.
The hit men offered 400,000 Dominican pesos to kill the baseball legend – or nearly $ 7,832 US, he said.
Law enforcement sources said The Post that took a killer on a celebrity like Ortiz was worth up to $ 100,000 in the Big Apple – but noted that $ 8,000 was more and more leftovers in poor countries in the Caribbean.
Joel Rodríguez de la Cruz – entitled "Pusit ward" after the character "SpongeBob" – Porfirio Ayendi Dechamps Vásquez, Eddy Vladimir Feliz García, Reynaldo Rodríguez Valenzuela and Oliver Moisés Mirabal Acosta, according to the authority.
At the press conference, Almonte replaced the handgun Ferreira Cruz used in the attack – saw a shooter roaring behind a motorcycle and then ambushing Ortiz at the bar.
The police said the gun – a Browning Hi-Power 9mm – was handed to Mirabel Acosta, and then to Dechamps Vásquez, buried the weapon under his house.
On the night of Shooting, they said Mirabal Acosta was driving a silver Hyundai owned by his wife, while Dechamps Vásquez was behind the wheel of another Hyundai with a woman identified only as "The Venezuelan."
In court papers, pro Secutors Feliz García told the security-camera footage that talked to people in two cars on a street near the Dial Bar and Lounge before shooting.
"In one of the videos it is possible to observe both the accused and the shooter planning the incident commission itself on Octavio Mejía Ricard Street, which is the same in the place where the event took place," the prosecutors said.
Witnesses said Feliz Garcia flew on a motorcycle with another man – and moments later, a man got a bicycle at the club, walked towards Ortiz and opened the fire, according to The Boston Globe. The gunman tried to get back to the bike but ran off when an angry man mostly surrounded it. Feliz García was "speeding, losing control over motorcycles and crashing, leading the people in the area to prevent him and beat him," the prosecutors wrote. "The firecracker continues to run with the gun in his hand and saves."
Feliz García was beaten by people before they were sent to the police. He was charged as an accomplice in an attempted murder – although his lawyer affirmed he was an innocent motorcycle with no motorcycle who had no idea what his passenger was. "They do not know what to do," said lawyer Deivi Solano.
Authorities said they were still looking for four shooting suspects – including Luis Alfredo Rivas Clase, also known as "Surgeon."
At least one of the men, Mirabal Acosta, had a criminal offense. In 2017, he got five years in jail on 2013-related charges of execution of four men in a case bound for a drug trafficking gang, reported by the newspaper Linstin Diario.
Meanwhile, Ortiz recovered from a hospital in Boston on Wednesday, where he was shot after the shooting. "Yesterday and this morning, David as well as a few steps. His condition was guarded and he would remain in the ICU for the coming days, but he was making great progress toward recovery, "his wife, Tiffany, said in a statement.
At Post Wires