Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Infectious disease specialist calls White House counsel to defend immunity ‘pseudoscience’

Infectious disease specialist calls White House counsel to defend immunity ‘pseudoscience’



Infectious disease specialist Michael Osterholm explodes a report advised by Scott Atlas, a medical consultant President TrumpDonald John Trump The latest call to Mnuchin-Pelosi makes ‘encouraging news on trial’ for stimulus package China warns it will defend Americans following DOJ persecution of Chinese scholars: report issues with Musician John Fogerty stopping and stopping Trump from using ̵

6;Blessed Son’ MORE, is pushing the White House to try a “flock of immunity” approach to the coronavirus pandemic.

“First of all, that 20 percent figure is the most amazing combination of pixie dust and pseudoscience I have ever seen,” Osterholm said, referring to the proportion of the population that Atlas says the virus needs to contract in order to achieve herd safety. “50 percent to 70 percent minimum.”

“And remember when we talk about getting 50 percent to 70 percent protection, we’re talking that you can get there in pain – but if that happens, a lot of deaths, a lot of serious illness – or we can try to get there there to vaccinate, and postpone the number of people getting sick until we have vaccines available, “Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, told” Meet the Press. “

“50 percent to 70 percent only slows down delivery, it will not be stopped,” he added. “So this virus will continue to search for firewood as much as possible … so, our goal is to get more people protected by vaccines.”

Anthony FauciAnthony FauciUS records more than 70,000 new COVID-19 cases a day, reaching midsummer COVID-19 climbing levels prompting warnings that the expected ‘third wave’ is here that in the New Trump ad featuring many clips of the president wearing a mask, the leading US infectious disease expert, has also been critical of the idea.

“If you just let things get loose and let the infection go, no masks, crowds, it doesn’t make any difference – which honestly, George, is ridiculous,” Fauci told ABC George StephanopoulosGeorge Robert StephanopoulosCensor of Biden story: How social media became state media Watching in Biden town hall surpassed Trump by Trump The choice: Ability versus chaos on “Good Morning America” ​​last week.




Source link