Welp, the pipe dream is over.
And while it was great for the Dolphins to sign a playmaker like Le’Veon Bell, he eventually chose to join a one-man deal in Kansas City. I can’t blame Bell for that decision. As I can not blame the Dolphins for showing interest.
After breaking down Twitter and leaving the world wondering, “Is this the end” Adam Schefter took to Instagram to tell the world Bell’s decision.
While Twitter was asleep: Former Jets’ RB Le’Veon Bell signed a deal with Kansas City Chiefs, a league source told ESPN. Bell wants to win a Super Bowl and believes Kansas City is the place to go to try to do it.
̵1; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 15, 2020
Ultimately, Miami was one of Bell’s last two choices. And whether you believe the interest is real or not, the Dolphins are not the same team as before. Or them? We saw time and time again that this team chased players or coaches, only to be left disappointed.
The bridesmaid, some might say.
Here is a great list compiled by Keith Beebe himself of The Phinsider.
While we wait for the news at Bell, a list of my favorite Dolphins-fans-waiting-for-news events:
1. Jim Harbaugh / Ross private jet watch
2. Jeff Fisher’s watch
3. Dwayne Bowe will watch Pt. 1
4. Watch by Matt Flynn
5. Dwayne Bowe will watch Pt. 2
6. Chip Kelly watch
7. Mike Nolan’s watch
– Keith Beebe (@KeefDolfan) October 15, 2020
I will not sit here and tell you that it does not suck because it is.
Maybe, Bell was a failure as we saw it in New York. But I believe he was around the player that he was in Pittsburgh and his last seasons in New York. And to add the type of player to Miami’s explosive offensive – I’d love to see you.
But now we shrug our shoulders and realize a few things.
- Chan Gailey’s offense averaged 27.2 points per game. (14th in the NFL)
- There is a good chance that the trend behind the room is set, prohibiting one last minute trading or selling fire of a floating franchise.
Myles Gaskin continues to be far and away from Miami’s # 1 RB. (Check out the snaps) So, if that means you have to adapt to Fantasy or realize this is our guy, LFG.
- Miami continues to look to churn the roster. And despite what some believe, this group will not leave a stone unturned in search of potential talent.
Jordan Howard’s days in Miami can be numbered. And I would have had no problem exchanging Howard for Le’Veon Bell. But again, this is what it is.
- The dolphins need to find ways to get football with Matt Breida. I REPEAT! The Dolphins need to find ways to get football with Matt Breida. His skill-set may be the same as Gaskin but he is a playmaker. And the football player needs it.
- Finally, many of us believe the Dolphins will outline an operation back in 2020. That did not happen, but it seems a certainty that Miami will choose the RB in the future EARLY. Or sign up for one of the superstar free agents in 2021.
Speaking of Myles Gaskin, I’m going to have a film break in his first six games in a week by BYE. He also took to Instagram during the Le’Veon Bell sign to remind the world (and Dolphins fans) that they have a running back.
Missed this week’s episode of Phinsider Radio? Touch Play below or find us on Apple and Spotify!