Today is the second Tuesday of the month, with Microsoft releasing new updates to "Patch Tuesday" for all supported versions of Windows. For you running Windows 10 version 1809, you should now see build 17763.316 (KB4487044) in Windows Update.
Here are all the fixes included in this aggregate update:
- Addresses an issue that can not set the value of LmCompatibilityLevel. LmCompatibilityLevel determines the authentication and security mode of the session.
- Addresses are an issue that may block applications that use the Microsoft Jet database in Microsoft Access 97 format from opening. This issue occurs if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. Database failed to open error, "Unrecognized Database Format".
- Addresses an issue that causes insertion of the Windows Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust sign-in to fail if Windows 2019 Server (DC) domain controllers are used for authentication. The error is, "That option is temporarily unavailable. Please use a different way to sign in now." If enabled Active Directory activity (AD) activity, a Local Security Safe Service Subsystem Service (LSASS) may occur on Windows 2019 DC when processing the user's sign in.
- NoteAng Set Data Collector Set and Microsoft Azure Advanced Threat Protection (AATP) enable Active Directory activity tracking by default.
- Addresses an issue with Microsoft HoloLens which allows users to skip the lock sign-in process in some workflows.
- Microsoft Scripting Engine security, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics, and Platform and Framework Windows App.
Release notes for this new build cite a known issue with the previous build. This bug can cause some webpages that can not be loaded on Microsoft Edge when using a local IP addess, and Microsoft says it is still working on a fix that will be sent to an upcoming release.
If you are still running Windows 10 version 1803, you should now be able to download 17134.590 (KB4487017). The aggregate update has the same known issue that affects the construction of 17763.316, but it has the following fixes:
- Addresses are an issue that LmCompatibilityLevel value can not properly be set correctly. LmCompatibilityLevel determines the authentication and security mode of the session.
- Addresses are an issue that may block applications that use the Microsoft Jet database in Microsoft Access 97 format from opening. This issue occurs if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. The database failed to open the error, "Unrecognized Database Format."
- Adds domain support to the top level in HTTP Preload Strict Transport Security (HSTS) for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- Addresses an issue that restricts Microsoft Edge from connecting with one IP address.
- Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Server Platform and Framework, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Storage and Windows Files, Windows Server, and Microsoft Security Updates JET Database Engine.
If you're running older versions of Windows 10, there are also new integrated updates for versions 1709, 1703, and 1607. We invite you to review the dedicated Microsoft support pages & # 39; s Windows website for more details.
Further reading: Patch Tuesday, Windows 10, Windows 10 April 2018 Update, Windows 10 October 2018 Update