قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Science https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ No one knows what oxygen is to Mars – BGR

No one knows what oxygen is to Mars – BGR



NASA's curiosity returned some surprising data to Earth earlier this year, with readings of elevated levels of methane difficult to explain. Subsequent tests have been attempted to elucidate the cause of higher-than-expected readings but scientists still come up with a definitive answer. notice that the oxygen in the Red Planet also behaves differently than it does on Earth. Observations were made at the Gale Crater, called by the rover's house since landing there back in 2012.

The inquest "breathes" the air to Mars and examines it to determine the levels of others & # 39 ; different types of gases present. On Earth, the background levels of some gases rise and fall with the seasons, and the same seems true on Mars, but only to a point.

The air on Mars is mainly carbon dioxide. In fact, a full 95% of the gas Examination breathes in its tests is CO2. The remaining 5% is a mixture of nitrogen, argon, oxygen, and carbon monoxide. By plotting these levels over an entire Martian year, scientists have noticed anomalies related to the amount of oxygen, relative to other gases.

NASA explains:

Within this environment, scientists find nitrogen and argon follow a predictable pattern of seasonal, waxing and depletion concentration in Gale Crater throughout years associated with how much CO2 is in the air. They are expected to produce the same oxygen. But it is not. Instead, the amount of gas in the air increases throughout the spring and summer by up to 30%, and then returns to the levels predicted by known chemistry in the fall.

The fact that oxygen levels vary as they do is significant because of their clues to the processes of unexplored work processes on the surface of the planet. For oxygen levels to detect a significant upward spike and then a major collapse, it must create and then another something uses it.

"It's difficult to explain," Melissa Trainer says of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. "The fact that oxygen behavior is not perfectly reproduced over time makes us think that this is not an issue related to atmospheric dynamics. It should be some chemical source and sink that we cannot answer." [1

9659004] Before you start dreaming of a sub-sea of ​​Martian monsters, it is important to know that this is not a smoking gun for life on Mars, in fact, it is far from natural. in the absence of life, and since we have yet to find evidence of life on the Red Planet, but cannot rule it out, scientists consider all possible options.

Image Source: NASA / JPL-Caltech / MSSS


Source link