HONOLULU (KHON2) – The Hawaii Department of Health reports a new death, 96 new cases of COVID-19 on October 17.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
There are 81 cases in Oahu, 12 on the Big Island, and one in Kaui. Two residents were surveyed outside of Hawaii.
That brings across the state to 13,949.
There are 13 new cases that need to be hospitalized. There were 48 new recoveries reported, amounting to 10,995 released from isolation. There are currently 2,778 active cases in Hawaii.
Here is a deep breakdown:
- Hawaii County: 1,038 (12)
- Honolulu: 12,398 (81)
- Kauai: 60 (1)
- Maui: 411
- Pending / Unknown: 0
- HI residents diagnosed outside of HI: 42 (2)
- Hospitalization Requirements: 1001 (13)
- Deaths: 186 (1)
- Released from separation: 10,995 (48)
Below are maps showing which Zip Codes cases are in.
- On Oahu, with 81 new cases, there is no change on the map. Waianae (96792) rose to 115 cases, Waipahu (96797) fell to 158 cases.
- On Hawaii Island, with 12 new cases, 96771 fell to zero cases. Kailua-Kona (96740) dropped to 119 cases, Hilo (96720) dropped to 68 cases.
- In Maui, with no new cases, there are no map changes.
- On Kauai, with a new case, there are no map changes … but:
Note that in Kauai, all ZIP codes but one shows zero cases, and the remaining ZIP code is grayed out because the DOH says the population is too small to disclose. But we know that there is a new case and two active cases on the island. So, now we know they are in Princeville / Hanalei (96714), the ZIP code protected by DOH policy.
Latest Stories in KHON2