Making a turkey can be scary but with the right tools, anyone can do it!
Popeyes Lousiana Chicken brings back what it calls fan-favorite Thanksgiving staple.
The fast-food New Orleans-style chicken chain takes pre-orders of Cajun Style Turkeys at participating restaurants nationwide, while supplies last. Prices start at $ 39.99 and can be pre-ordered by calling local restaurants or visiting restaurants.
“Rubbed and translated into Louisiana-style spices, Cajun Style Turkey comes first so all you have to do is simply warm up, serve and enjoy,” Popeyes said in a statement to USA NOW.
For those who do not want to cook this year, the sides are also available la la carte for pre-order. One that will be popular for Thanksgiving is the mashed potatoes and gravy.
Halloween 2020: Chipotle is turning Boorito Halloween into a digital deal amid coronavirus. Here’s how to get the deal
Play with your food ?: Kraft Heinz and Big G Creative are now selling a new variety game pack at Target
Turkeys are usually available to order in advance through Thanksgiving and shoppers can choose their pickup date. Supplies are limited.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Thanksgiving is expected to look different for many families this year. The country’s leading infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci advised Americans to skip any big Thanksgiving plans.
Speaking to “CBS Evening News” last week, Fauci warned against “gathering in an indoor area” with large groups of out-of-town guests. “It’s sad because it’s a sacred part of American tradition – the Thanksgiving family reunion,” he said. “But that’s a risk.”
In the guideline issued for the autumn holidays, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also classified “shopping in crowded stores before, during or after Thanksgiving” in a list of activities that are more risky avoid. Walmart is among retailers that are modifying the Black Friday sale to help reduce people in the middle of COVID-19.
Instructions on cooking popeyes
Here are Popeyes cooking instructions for how to prepare Cajun-style turkeys:
- Dissolve 48 to 72 hours in refrigerator or 10 to 12 hours in cold water (changing water hourly). Popeyes said: “DO NOT melt at room temperature. Always leave in sealed plastic while melting.”
- Preheat the conventional oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove all packaging, reserve juices.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a large pan and pour the juices into the pan.
- Reheat was discovered on the bottom shelf in the oven for 2 to 2.5 hours and until the internal temperature reached 140 degrees Fahrenheit measured by a meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the breast meat (do not touch the bone).
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Save the dripping pan for gravy if desired.
Contributing: Adrianna Rodriguez, USA NOW
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/10/18/popeyes-thanksgiving-turkey-cajun-style-coronavirus-holiday/3702472001/