A fourth grade in Ohio died one day after he was diagnosed with strep throat and flu, according to district officials and his painful mother.
Sable Paige Gibson died on Wednesday after he entered the cardiac arrest, Mason City told school officials on Thursday.
"Please join us in obedience to Gibson's family in our daily thoughts and prayers as they travel in these tough times," a Facebook statement. "We're also raising all classmates, teachers and support personnel."
Additional counselors were made available to students on Thursday at the Western Row Elementary in Mason, which was joined by Sable. Remuneration services for girls are pending, district officials say.
"The moments like these are we gather as a community to walk one and care about one another," continued the statement.
to parents, district officials asked the students, teachers and others to wear pink in Sable's honor. They also provided tips on how to discuss death to children, WSAZ reports.
Meanwhile, the girl's mother said that her heart was "broken" by Sable's death.
"Sable Paige is the first step in Jesus' hand tonight," Holly Rauch Gibson posted on Facebook. "Please, please, please pray for our family in this dark season. We can not think of our lives without our girl."