قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ The man in the UK blinds the right eye after showering with contact lenses, Health News

The man in the UK blinds the right eye after showering with contact lenses, Health News



Do you take shower while wearing contact lenses? If so, you may want to kill the habit now.

A man in England caught an eye infection from doing so and lost sight of his right eye as a result.

What Nick Humphreys, 29, thought was a scratch on his right eye in January 2018 has become worse.

Using eye drops and removing electronic device screens did not improve his condition, so he went to see an optician.

Humphreys said he had an ulcer in his eye and he should go to a hospital immediately.

Doctors diagnosed him with acanthamoeba keratitis, a corneal infection caused by parasites in contaminated water.

Despite the use of disinfectant falls eye for the next few weeks, he suddenly lost sight of his right eye in March 2018.

His infection was eventually cleared, and he had two methods in his eye. She is scheduled for a corneal transplant next month.

Humphreys is also working on the charity Fight for Sight to raise awareness of the potential risk of wearing contact lenses in the shower.

He said, "If I see my vision back I will not wear contacts again."

CONTACT PHOTO YOUR EXPERIENCE AT YOUR TIME

Optometrists contact lens often warns that medical devices should be tired with care.

Mistakes include sleep or swimming lenses, cleaning lenses with tap water, and wearing them longer than prescribed.

The use of contact lenses can lead to infections and blindness.

lamminlee@asiaone.com

news POST [19659021] Purchase this article for republication.


Source link