Hundreds of people suffer from Norovirus-like symptoms after attending a huge Lego event in Bristol over the weekend. city health authority. not happy with the cleanliness of the place.
He said: "The state of the area has left many wanting."
"The food was poor and over the weekend, the bathrooms were poorly maintained, the basins were not working properly and there was no hand sanitizer and such."
"At least 40 people that I know what was affected. "
The Bristol Brick show released a post on its Facebook page last Wednesday, saying:" Thank you so much for coming to our show, enjoying it and helping us raise money for two worthy charities.
"We learned that many people attended our event over the weekend since being hit by a virus.
"Unfortunately no reports of illness have been made during the show, so we have no way of warning anyone or not identifying a source at that time.
" Many of you will know that recently Bristol has seen many cases of Norovirus affecting schools, hospitals and other businesses in the area and the combination of that with nearly 4,000 people through our doors over the weekend seems to have contributed to a outbreak. the same event in the same place last year with no known issues so trust that it was an unfortunate and isolated incident.
"As organizers, we are devastated that it put a damper on an unsuccessful show that we clearly want
" Thanks for your continued support and we hope your memories of the show not damaged by these events! "