SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – The Springfield-Greene County Health Department has confirmed six new cases of COVID-19.
Heads of health have released a list of the many places where patients flock to Springfield and Republic. These individuals visited these locations before being evaluated.
* Monday, May 18: Walmart Supercenter at 1150 US 60 in Republic between 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. (identifying, not touching)
* Thursday, May 21: Walmart Supercenter at 2021 E. Freedom around 6 p.m. (contagious, not marketing)
* Friday, May 22: Walmart Supercenter at 1150 US 60 in the Republic at 11 a.m. at 4 p.m. (contagious, not marketing)
* Saturday, May 23: Burlington at 3860 W Washita St. between 4 p.m. ̵
* Sunday, May 24: Aldi at 421 E. battlefield at 1 p.m. (identifying, not touching)
* Sunday, May 24: Target at 1825 E. Primrose at 5 p.m. (contagious, not marketing)
Anyone at these locations on these dates is at low risk for contracting COVID-19, but should monitor for symptoms. There is no need to self-quarantine or isolate unless symptoms develop.
The contract tracers report that none of the new cases were for clients of the Great Clips located at 1864 S. Glenstone, where two hair stylists tested positive for the virus. Trial is offered to close contacts of those cases. In 42 trials with clients, so far all have returned negative.
COVID-19 is spread through respiratory breaths produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It spreads between people close to each other.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
* shortness of breath
* muscle pain
* sore throat
* and new loss of taste or smell
If symptoms develop, seek medical attention.