Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ The video shoot of the music aboard a boat in Fort Lauderdale has become a fervent fear

The video shoot of the music aboard a boat in Fort Lauderdale has become a fervent fear

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – A music video shoot aboard a 41-foot boat that became fearful of water after an explosion that killed 13 people – two people remain hospitalized due to severe burns.

Cell phone video shows the boat being completely engulfed in flames and the audio of the screams of terrorism when it became Wellcraft, what Fort Lauderdale Battalion Chief Stephen Gollan said, “a floating fireball.”

A video posted on Instagram, taken minutes before the explosion on Thursday, shows an artist singing for cameras with models lining the boat behind him. But then, they told investigators there was an explosion, which sent black smoke billowing into the air. It happened around 2 pm on the South Fork New River.

Investigators are still unsure what caused the explosion.

Bret King helped pull people to safety. “(There was) a lot of smoke coming out of the cockpit when we got 3, 4 people off the bow and by the time we got to the bank the boat was completely engulfed in flames.”


Passengers jump into the water or into other boats that pass by to help. Eventually, 13 out of 21 people aboard were injured.

Gollan said all the injuries were burnt. “Combustion is all in different states, all from 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree,” he said.

Two were seriously injured and had to be taken to the Miami Burn Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, one airlifted and the other carried to the ground.

More than 50 firefighters worked to put out the fire and protect other boats and property nearby.

In addition to the two seriously injured, 5 others were taken to Broward Health, but were released.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is the leading investigative agency. Local 10 reached the FWC several times for an update, but did not get a response.

For the person who owns the boat, he did not answer the door of his house when Local 10 tried to contact him. When he answered the phone, he said he had a lawyer and hung up.

> Stay on Local10.com or follow reporter @IanMargolWPLG on Twitter for the latest updates.

> Click here to receive breaking news alerts from Local 10 News.

Copyright 2020 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.

Source link