The letter came one month after President Donald Trump commended Haftar on a telephone call as troops of military marshal continued to offend against the US-backed US and US government in Tripoli.
"A US citizen has directly undermined United States United States Policy in Libya, including United States support for a mediation process led by the United Nations and the internationally recognized Libya government. , Mr. Haftar's forces were believed to have committed war crimes and resulted in unnecessary suffering and cruelty during the course of the Requests sent to the Justice Department were signed by five House Democrats – Tom Malinowski of New Jersey , Gerald Connolly of Virginia, David Trone of Maryland, Ted Lieu of California and Colin Allred of Texas ̵
Haftar ordered in the Libyan National Army, started offensive to seize Tripoli from the United Nations-backed Government of the National Accord in April.  On Wednesday, Amnesty International has revealed a new evidence of Libyan war crimes, including unremitting attacks on civilian settlements.
Amnesty said that satellite images and testimony witnesses indicate that "residential dwellers in the Abu Salim district of Tripoli are undoubtedly attacked by rockets during an episode of intense combat between April 15-17. "
Hark's forces and a local Militia affiliated with the Government of the National Accord denied no one for the untiring attacks on southern Tripoli. Residents who were taken aback by Amnesty told the non-government organization that they believed Hark's forces were responsible.
Libya was threatened with violence since the expulsion and killing of a long-time strong Moammar Gadhafi in 2011.
More than 400 people have been killed in the latest offensives and more than 2,000 injured, according to the World Health Organization. The office of humanitarian affairs of the UN says that more than 60,000 people have fled their homes.
Trump was criticized for praising Haftar last month as his forces moved to the capital. The official reading of the White House on a telephone call between Trump and Haftar did not mention the offensive in Tripoli, which was repealed by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo earlier in April.
Even after that call, Trump was not selected in The conflict of Libya, a source familiar with internal discussions at the White House about the issue being told by CNN, and added that the President has agreed to talk to Haftar at the request of Egyptian leader Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
Trump met with the Sisi White House in early April.