- American tech entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri admitted to having an affair with Boris Johnson, in an interview with the Daily Mail.
- The relationship between Johnson, 56, came under public scrutiny when it was revealed that Arcuri, 33, had benefited from thousands of pounds of public money, including funds from the London mayor’s promotion agency .
- He also joined trade missions in New York and Tel Aviv after interventions from Johnson’s office despite failing to meet those travel standards.
- However, the Prime Minister is avoiding a crime investigation after the police watchdog did not find any evidence of his influence on money and travel.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
American tech entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri has admitted to having sex with Boris Johnson following allegations that she used her position as mayor of London to get favorable treatment.
Asked if he had sex with the Prime Minister while he was with his ex-wife Marina Wheeler, Arcuri said: “I do not think it is said … There are quite a few out there … But I will not talk about it,”; he told the Daily Mail.
Their relationship came under public scrutiny when it was revealed that Arcuri had benefited from thousands of pounds of public money, including funds from the mayoral promotion agency of London, London and Partners (L&P).
He also joined trade missions in New York and Tel Aviv after interventions from the Johnson office despite failing to meet travel standards.
However, the prime minister is avoiding a criminal investigation after the police watchdog failed to find any evidence of his influence on money and travel.
Arcuri had earlier said that after the couple met in 2011, the former mayor made 10 visits to his home office in Shoreditch and spoke for free at four events hosted by his start-up company. , Ino tech, reported the Evening Standard.
The Guardian added that in an interview in Kentucky, where he is currently visiting the family, Arcuri also discussed being bombarded by Johnson’s “avalanc of passion”.
“At that time, I cared for him very deeply, but I never used the L-word. I would never recognize love. I appreciate this man and I think that is very clear. That’s all I want to say. , “he says.
The prime minister avoided a criminal investigation after the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) could not find any evidence of his influence on the money given to Accuri or his attendance at trade mission trips.
It adds that it does not determine the nature of the relationship between the two. It said there was a “close association” and they “could be intimate” during the investigation.
Although their 112-page report found it would be “wise” for Johnson to declare a conflict of interest and failure to do so it could be a violation of the ‘Nolan principles’ or ethical standards expected by the public manager.
Responding to the issue in May, a spokesman for the prime minister said: “We welcome the fact that this politically motivated complaint has been discarded. Such offensive claims of office incompetence are not. true and unfounded.
“An independent review by the government of the Internal Revenue Agency has similarly shown the claims made by the Labor Party to be untrue. This is not a matter for the police, and we consider it a waste of police time.”
Arcuri also denied any financial wrongdoing and told the Daily Mail: “They claim I made financially from my friendship with Boris… This is not true.”