US warship has been quarantined at sea for TWO MONTHS due to the spread of the virus
- USS Fort McHenry is currently operating in the Persian Gulf, the Middle East
- 25 seafarers and sailors on board war was diagnosed with parotitis
- The first case broke out in December and the last one was reported on March 9
Chiara Fiorillo For Mailonline
The US warship was quarantined on the sea for two months due to the spread of the virus.
In 703 sailors and marines in USS Fort McHenry, 25 were diagnosed with parotitis, a viral infection similar to mumps, according to US military officials
The ship is currently operating in Persian Gulf of the Middle East.
The virus broke out in December and the latest case was reported on March 9.
The USS Fort McHenry warship (pictured) is currently operating in the Persian Gulf
Patients were quarantined and treated at the ship's medical facility after the parotitis spread across the ship.
Communal areas and places of life are also disinfected.
& # 39; In no case life threatens and all already exists e
None of the crew members should leave the ship after the virus spreads.
Fifth Fleet also said that all military personnel on board USS Fort McHenry  Parotitis is a swelling of the parotid glands, located between the ear and the jaw.
It can be a result of mumps, which can be prevented by vaccination. the ship was quarantined on the sea for two months due to an outbreak of parotitis, a viral infection similar to mumps, which broke out in December last year ” class=”blkBorder img-share” />
The ship had been quarantined on the sea for two months due to a parotitis outbreak , a viral infection similar to mumps, which broke out in December last year  A military official said that when a major illness came out, it could be decided to stop port visits up to 30 days after the last reported illness, due to immersion periods.
The US warship made a port call in early January in Romania before traveling back to the Mediterranean and heading towards the Middle East, where it was currently quarantined.
Officials are currently considering whether it is safe to make port calls.
Since the first case broke out in December, 24 of the 25 patients returned to duty.
Mail Online has contacted the US Navy for comment.