The national team of the U.S. Women are theand the the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup. But no one predicted they set World Cup records Tuesday in their 13-0 routing of Thailand to open their defense title.
You've heard it called a record-breaking win.
- Most goals scored of a team in a World Cup match – Men women's
- Maximum margin of victory 19659005] Most individual goal scorers in a single World Cup match
The previous record
Most goals scored by a team were set by Hungary in the 1982 FIFA World Cup. At the stage tournament, Hungary beat El Salvador with a 10-1 scoreline. The record of the nine goal margin of success on this match is also left by 13 Women's 13-goal conquest Tuesday.
Team captain Alex Morgan scored five goals for the US, tying the most goals a player scored in a World Cup match of FIFA Women. He is now sharing the record of Michelle Akers who listed five goals as a member of the U.S. National Team. Women in the 1991 quarterfinal match against Chinese Taipei.
Seven different women were taken for the US: Alex Morgan, Rose Lavelle, Linsey Horan, Sam Mewis, Megan Rapinoe, Mallory Pugh and Carli Lloyd. That sets a new record for most individual goal players from one team to a World Cup Women match.
Here is a list of all goals scored by the US:
- 12 & # 39; – Alex Morgan (USA)
- 20 & # 39; – Rose Lavelle (USA –
- 50 – Sam Mewis (USA)
- 53 & # 39; – Alex Morgan (USA)
- & # 39; – & # 39; – & # 39; – & # 39; – & # 39; – & # 39; – & & lt; # 39; – Megan Rapinoe (USA) [-'AlexMorgan(USA)
- 90 + # – Carli Lloyd (USA)