Vox Sentences is your daily digest for what's happening in the world. Sign up for the Vox Sentences newsletter delivered straight to your inbox Monday through Friday, or check out the Vox Sentences archive for past editions.
A "very strong culprit" in vaping disorders
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention examines vitamin E oil in THC vape products for potential links to ongoing wave of vaping-related diseases. [ NBC News / Erika Edwards ]
- Officials say their investigation shows strong evidence that Vitamin E acetate was added to some THC vaping fluids, often black. market, is not safe to breathe. Investigators found the chemical in the main areas of patients' lungs. [ Vox / Julia Belluz ]
- By sampling 29 lung fluids in patients in 10 states, the CDC rediscovered the chemical, which was also associated with early disease of September by New York officials. [ The Verge / Mary Beth Griggs ]
- But they still hesitate to remove other chemicals as a cause of illness, resulting in animal studies that may need to be precisely identified the cause of diseases. [ Associated Press / Mike Stobbe ]
- Since March, at least 2,051 Americans have been suffering from vaping-related illnesses. To date, the CDC has confirmed 39 deaths. [ Wall Street Journal / Brianna Abbott and Jennifer Maloney ]
- Bowel disease associated with vitamin E oil is not the only health issue. Echoing the recent sentiment of President Trump, head of ex-Food and Drug Administration Scott Gottlieb for banning Juul nicotine vaping products from shelves across the country to prevent teen use. [ CNBC / Jessica Bursztynsky ]
- Even some of Juul's loyal customers are dismissing alternative electronic smoking as a substitute for health concerns. [ News / Hannah Smothers ]
The parties fall short of accurate victory in Spain
- Spain's elections on Sunday again did not bring a single party leader. [ Associated Press / Ciaran Giles ]
- With about 34 percent of the vote, the socialist party retained the largest share of the seats but lost slightly in most of the fourth elections since 2015 [ El País ]
- As the Conservative People's Party came in second, Vox's far-right party doubled its seats since the April election. [ BBC ]
- Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez of the socialist party has called for this election to try to gain more seats for his party. "One way or another we will form a progressive government and unblock political dissent. … We call on all political parties, except those working against co-operation and promotion of hostility," Sanchez said . [ Reuters / Belén Carreño, Andrei Khalip and Ingrid Melander ]
- Sanchez's stakes, losing several seats, and Spain's future are uncertain as his party wants to avoid returning to the polls or creating them is a large coalition with rival left or right wing rivals. [ The Guardian / Sam Jones ]
"We all remember what the Russians did in the United States at the election. We were really scared."  Listen to this: The world's profitable company
Aramco is finally meeting, but some think the wait for the Saudi oil company decision is horrible. [ Spotify ]
I eat a meal replacement twice a day for two years. Here's what it is.
Singles Day is China's largest shopping holiday .Why didn't America get caught?
The number of migrants caught on the southern border has fallen by 75% since May
The post-reality prophets
Pregnant are offered a non Fabulous "reversal" treatment abortions